chipbreakerFor front turning operations ｜ Swiss CNC Lathes
Molded chipbreaker with a balance of cutting edge strength and chip control
Stable machining performance due to its toughness and sharp cutting edge
To support 24 hour continuous machining operations
- Depth of cut ranges from 0.5 up to 2.0 mm
- Excellent edge strength for stable machining
- AM3 -WP wiper style insert guarantees improved cycle time and superior surface finishes
Swiss CNC Lathe front turning operations
AM3 chip control range
Scroll the table →
|Cutting speed (m/min)
|OD Turning continuous
|50 - 120
|0.03 - 0.15
|0.5 - 2.0
|Alloy steel / carbon steel / hardened material
|Difficult-to-cut material / titanium alloy
|30 - 100
|Non-ferrous / aluminum / plastic / general purpose
|50 - 120
- ① AM3 designed for a wide range of machining from medium to light depths of cut
② Sharp cutting edge for shearing material
Achieves excellent surface finishes even at high feed rates - wiper style insert (AM3-WP)
A. For conventional tools feed rate is reduced to maintain good surface finish which results in chip control issues.
B. If the feed rate is increased, the surface finish will deteriorate.
C. Inserts with a wiper help to maintain chip control and surface finishes even during high feed machining.
*when applying the DCGT... AM3-WP insert, use with our SDJC type holder (lead angle 93 degrees)
After running 900 parts, the competitor's insert resulted in a dimensional change of 0.041mm while DM4 had better machining stability with parts showing dimensional change of only 0.02mm after the same amount of parts machined.
1,500 pcs / corner
700 pcs / corner
The current tool resulted in a measured surface finish of Ry = 10.2μm with 500 parts machined and a 0.1mm dimensional change from the start of production.
DT4 achieved dimensional consistency and machined 1000 parts all with surface finish of Ry 2.3 μm.
Please check product catalog for tooling lineup
Other recommended products
SPLASH seriesCoolant through toolholders ｜ Swiss CNC Lathes
Extensive selection of styles and sizes
CUT DUOCut-off operations for diameters up to 34mm｜ Swiss CNC Lathes
Highly rigid cut-off tool
TBP/TBPA-BM chipbreakerBack turning ｜ Swiss CNC Lathes
Unique chipbreaker provides excellent chip evacuation
CTP/CTPA-TH chipbreaker For cut-off operations for diameters up to 16mm｜ Swiss CNC lathes
Special design for stainless steel cut-off applications
- 4 STEP-NTK Cutting Tools Lab for choosing suitable cutting tool for cut-off machining
- The aspects of "chip control" that you should check when workpiece damage or poor dimensioning are detected during Swiss type CNC automatic lathe machining
- Two Areas to Check When Coaxiality is Not Achieved During Swiss CNC Lathe Machining
- "Two" checkpoints and measures to be checked when "Roundness" does not come out in Swiss-type CNC-automatic lathe machining-NTK Cutting Tools Lab