DS-ACH holder seriesFor front turning operations ｜ Swiss CNC Lathes
Designed to easily adjust the cutting edge height in machines without Y2 axis capability
Wedge mechanism adjusts centerline height of the cutting edge by turning a set screw with a wrench
Eliminates time consuming cutting edge alignment process
- Range of centerline adjustment: 0 - 0.2 mm
- Height adjustment of the cutting edge is done by turning a screw and bending the tip of the holder with a wedge mechanism.
- Patented holder design improves rigidity, compared to conventional holders, to eliminate vibration
For front turning operations
Design optimizes vibration resistance
[ Cutting conditions ] SUS304
Material : SUS304
Holder : DS-SDUL19-11-ACH
Insert : TM4 DCGT11T302MCL
Cutting conditions : Vc = 75 m/min 、f = 0.05 ㎜/rev、ap = 2.0 ㎜
How to use: The insert moves in an upward direction only. (Loosen wedge screw before making any adjustments)
① Install the holder slightly below centerline.
Then take a facing test cut. (be sure to loosen the wedge screw)
② Measure the diameter of the center boss.
③ Raise the center height by one half of the diameter of the boss.
Adjustment instruction sheet is supplied in the toolholder case.
④ Re-machine the end face.
Please check product catalog for tooling lineup
Other recommended products
AM3 chipbreakerFor front turning operations ｜ Swiss CNC Lathes
Molded chipbreaker with a balance of cutting edge strength and chip control
TBP/TBPA-BM chipbreakerBack turning ｜ Swiss CNC Lathes
Unique chipbreaker provides excellent chip evacuation
GX chipbreakerFor grooving ｜ Swiss CNC Lathes
Solves the issue of chips wrapping around workpiece or remaining in the groove
Mogul barsFor ID boring operations｜ Swiss CNC lathes
Solves common issues associated with ID boring operations
- 4 STEP-NTK Cutting Tools Lab for choosing suitable cutting tool for cut-off machining
- The aspects of "chip control" that you should check when workpiece damage or poor dimensioning are detected during Swiss type CNC automatic lathe machining
- Two Areas to Check When Coaxiality is Not Achieved During Swiss CNC Lathe Machining
- "Two" checkpoints and measures to be checked when "Roundness" does not come out in Swiss-type CNC-automatic lathe machining-NTK Cutting Tools Lab