SeriesMilling cutter for machining aluminum parts｜ PCD inserts
Maximum insert count for increased productivity
125mm diameter cutter has 22 inserts achieving outstanding machining performance
50mm to 125mm diameter lineup
Obtains 1.5 times better productivity than the competition
- Highly efficient machining is achieved with more inserts
- Lightweight aluminum cutter body to accommodate ATC weight limitations
*ATC = automatic tool changer on CNC
Scroll the table →
|Grade||Material||Cutting speed (m/min)||Feed(mm/rev)||DOC(mm)||DRY||WET
|PD1||Aluminum alloy (SI≦13)||900 - 3000 - 5000||0.05 - 0.12 - 0.20||~ 6.35||〇||●|
|PD1||Aluminum alloy (Si≧13)||300 - 600 - 900||0.05 - 0.12 - 0.20||~ 6.35||〇||●|
Cutter weight and insert comparison
HFC cutter weight is half that of others on the market
A 125mm cutter + BT30 arbor* weighs 2kg or less.
At that weight, the 125mm cutter can even be used on a compact machine!
* Using a BT30-FMNA25.4-40 (0.7kg)
Safety clamp mechanism
Unique pocket design uses a wedge shape and centrifugal forces to help prevent the insert from sliding out.
Insert can be reground up to 4 times
- Each regrind will reduce the width and height of the insert by 0.1mm(.004") from its previous dimension.
- A star is added to indicate the number of regrinds.
- Maximum number of regrinds is 4. (the total dimensional change will be 0.4mm from the new product)
*The number of re-grinds per insert may vary depending upon cutting edge damage evaluation.
HFC cutter adjustment and handling procedure
1. Loosen the axial adjustment screw
2. Install inserts (lightly hand tighten)
3. Clean the inserts
4. Adjust height of inserts (initial setup)
5. Tighten wedge set screw (firmly tighten)
6. Final insert height adjustment
NTK cutter setup and balance service
- Preset and balancing service for new and reground inserts.
- We provide customers with safe and reliable machining.
|Transmission case (φ63, 10 edges, WET)|
|Competitor's PCD cutter||
HFC cutter achieved 1.3 times higher productivity than the competitor's PCD cutter.
Please check product catalog for tooling lineup
Other recommended products
GEN3 SeriesDrilling ｜ Coated carbide tips
Outstanding performance machining at high speeds and feeds with good chip control
Standard GEN2 SeriesDrilling ｜ Powder coated High-speed steel, Coated carbide inserts
Large diameter and ultra-deep machining
Select the chipbreaker based on the workpiece material
PD1/PD2Non-ferrous material machining ｜ Carbide grade for Swiss CNC lathes
High speed, high efficiency machining
Ceramic and CBN for steel mill applicationsTools for mill roll turning ｜ Ceramic and CBN inserts
High speed performance, longer tool life, and better part surface finish compared to carbide tools