Cut-off operations for diameters up to 1.653"｜ Swiss CNC lathe / Conventional CNC lathe
Cut-off tooling for large diameter workpieces
A highly rigid holder design combined with a molded insert chipbreaker ensures stability
Rigid system supports the process of large-diameter cut-off operations that are subject to high cutting loads
Chip control is achieved with the unique chipbreaker design
- Maximum cut-off diameter is 1.653"
- 2 sided inserts and width of .118"
- GT chipbreaker with unique s-shaped feature ensures straightness and good chip curl
Swiss CNC lathe / Conventional CNC lathe cut-off
Tool rigidity comparison
Rigidity developed to accommodate high load cut-off applications to ensure reliability and productivity.
* The highest clamping strength of any holder currently on the market (according to our research)
Scroll the table →
|Coated grade||Material||Operation type||Cut-off width (inch)||Cutting speed (SFM)||Feed (IPR)||Maximum cut-off diameter
|DM4||Difficult-to-cut material / titanium alloy / high temp alloys||Cut off||.118||100 - 300||.0012 - .005||φ1.653"|
① Straight cutting edge improves toughness
② Folds chips from both edges for tight curls
③ High rake angle for increased sharpness
Chip formation comparison
- [ Cutting conditions ]
- Material : 1045 φ1.653" 330 SFM WET
- [ Tools used ]
- Insert : DM4 GWPFM300N02-GT Holder : CTWPR2020K-3D42
700pcs / corner
350pcs / corner
Cut Max with its 2 cutting edges significantly reduced cost compared to the competitor's 1 cutting edge insert.
Cut Max achieved excellent chip control and 2 times the tool life.
Please check product catalog for tooling lineup
Other recommended products
DT4/DM4Difficult-to-cut materials ｜ Carbide grade for Swiss CNC lathes
Superior heat resistance
GROOVE DUOFor grooving｜ Swiss CNC lathes / Conventional CNC lathes
Highly rigid holder design
Mogul barsFor ID boring operations｜ Swiss CNC lathes
Solves common issues associated with ID boring operations
SHAPER DUOFor socket hole machining｜ Swiss CNC lathes
Highly productive socket hole machining
- 5 types of ceramics used to make cutting tools
- The difference between a Swiss type CNC automatic lathe and a traditional CNC lathe and the cutting tools used
- The aspects of “chip control” that you should check when workpiece damage or poor dimensioning are detected during Swiss type CNC automatic lathe machining
- Two reasons why ceramic tools can be used for “high-speed cutting”